[Care2x-general] Problemas reportados por India. (Castellano/Ingles)

Dr. Jorge R Rodriguez jrbiolinux en yahoo.com.ar
Dom Dic 5 03:50:16 CET 2004

Este mensaje es bilingue: castellano e ingles.

Hola a todos. Es muy interesante ver y leer que gente tan distante como los desarrolladores de la India, encuentren practicamente los mismos problemas estructurales y de diseño en el care2x que nosotros hemos encontrado.
Leyendo el mail que envio Alejandro sobre los bugs reportados desde India, se me presento una serie de preguntas, alguna de las cuales ya me las habia formulado, otras son nuevas. Las envio a la lista para que las discutamos juntos:

1.- Segun mi modesta opinion de 20 años de hospital e informatica medica, el care2x tiene un diseño estructural erroneo. No coincide con la realidad de los workflow de los hospitales argentinos y estoy seguro que no matchea tampoco con los workflow de los hospitales de latinoamérica. En eso estamos todos de acuerdo, la pregunta es: como se concibio un modelo asi?

2.- estas limitaciones que supone el care2x, son por una cuestion del modelo que siguieron los desarrolladores originales o por limitaciones del lebguaje php? Es decir: el modelo "hospitalario care2x" se concibio asi por error, por omision o por limitacion?

3.- Funcionaria adecuadamente con MySQL en uno de nuestros hospitales gigantes de Argentina, Brasil o Mexico por ejemplo? No existirian problemas tecnicos en el MySQL? No seria mejor utilizar siempre Postgre SQL?

4.- Por ultimo una pregunta a los analistas y programadores de la lista: que se puede aprovechar realmente del care2x actual? Cuanto hay que re-construir del modelo original?

Un abrazo.
JR

Hi, everybody.
It is of interest to see how so far people find the same structure and design problems like us in care2x. Reading Alejandro e-mail about Indian developers, I had asked myself many questions:

1.- In my opinion of 20 years of hospital work and medical informatics, the care2x has a design that doesn't match with argentina hospital workflows and requirements. I suppose that care2x design doesn't match with any other Latin American hospital workflows. How did it possible? Why is it so?

2.- The limitations of "care2x hospital model" suposse an error desing, a php language limitation or both? What is the real workflow difference about germany and Latin Am hospitals? These limitations were due to an analisys mistakes?

3.- Could we suposse that MySQL would work properly in any big Brazilian, Argentinian or Mexico hospitals? Would we change to PostgreSQL right now?

4.- What are the parts or modules of care2x really helpfull right now withouth any change? How many changes would we do for match care2x to our hospitals?

Regards,
JR

Alejandro de Garate <alejandro_degarate en yahoo.com> wrote:

posteo aqui dos interesantes mail del care central

From: Vikram Sreeram
Hello from India
2004-12-02 22:27
Hello,

I am a manager with a group of hospitals from Bangalore, India. We
recently
setup Care2x in our hospital on a demo machine to work out the
feasibility.
This a great effort by the Care2x developers, we hope to make some
contributions in the future.

The following are a few preliminary observations that I made:

1. The blood group in the patient registration screen does not include
the
Rh factor.

2. The calendar in the registration screen is too difficult to use,
especially when you need to select a year in the early 20th century.

3. Out-patients need to be admitted in order to request a lab or
radiology
investigation. This causes a conflict with the systems employed in a
majority of hospitals in India, where a patient may just walk in
(without
being referred by a doctor) just to have his blood sugar checked.

4. The lab report does not have a printable format.

5. It would be nice to have a drop box for title in the patient
registration
screen.

6. A selection screen similar to that of City/Insurance would be
desirable
for doctors where necessary.

7. The appointments module does not appear to check for overlapping
appointments. It does not display appointments in chronological order.

We found that Care2X is greatly usable as it is except for point 3
mentioned
above.

Regards,

Vikram.

From: Elpidio Latorilla
Re: Hello from India
2004-12-03 03:50
Hello Vikram,

welcome to the project. Your feedbacks below are highly appreciated.

On Thursday 02 December 2004 22:25, Vikram Sreeram wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a manager with a group of hospitals from Bangalore, India. We
recently
> setup Care2x in our hospital on a demo machine to work out the
feasibility.
> This a great effort by the Care2x developers, we hope to make some
> contributions in the future.
>
> The following are a few preliminary observations that I made:
>
> 1. The blood group in the patient registration screen does not
include the
> Rh factor.

This has been noted.

> 2. The calendar in the registration screen is too difficult to use,
> especially when you need to select a year in the early 20th century.

This has been noted too. A different calendar script is needed. You
might try
to look the proper one by yourself. Calendar javascripts abound in the
internet for free, you will surely find the right one soon.

> 3. Out-patients need to be admitted in order to request a lab or
radiology
> investigation. This causes a conflict with the systems employed in a
> majority of hospitals in India, where a patient may just walk in
(without
> being referred by a doctor) just to have his blood sugar checked.

A different workflow and GUI is needed for this.

> 4. The lab report does not have a printable format.
>
> 5. It would be nice to have a drop box for title in the patient
> registration screen.
>
> 6. A selection screen similar to that of City/Insurance would be
desirable
> for doctors where necessary.
>
> 7. The appointments module does not appear to check for overlapping
> appointments. It does not display appointments in chronological
order.

All the rest have been noted too. It is now included in the todo list
for
future releases. Of course, if you can develop it now, it would be
much
better.

Thanks a lot,
Elpidio