[Bdi4emc-help] X-Axis Display Problem

Craig Gadd elnerdo at cox.net
Thu Nov 23 07:52:09 CET 2006

Hello Paul,

I'm having a problem with my BDI setup and was hoping that you might have
some advice on a problem I have.  I'm running BDI 4.51 with a Motenc Lite
Card installed.  The card is connected through a 50 pin ribbon cable to a
Vital Systems breakout board which in turn has been wired to a single
encoder which has 20,000 quad/cts per revolution).

When I launch the generic.run, or emc.run things seem to behave normally
with the units showing for the axis which has the encoder on it.  The units
will update if I turn the motor slowly, and everything seems to work.  When
I spin the motor quickly however, the unit display of the axis seems to
"freeze" and will not recover.  The rest of the interface continues to
function properly though.  Any ideas on what might cause this and how I
might fix it?  I've tried Tkemc,Xemc, and mini but they all seem to behave
the same.

Thanks,

Craig