[Bdi4emc-help] BDI 4.38 won't run

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Mon Mar 27 11:33:09 CEST 2006

Hi Shon

On Monday 27 March 2006 05:56, Shon Shampain wrote:
>  > Starting EMC MOTION PROGRAM -- freqmod...
>  > modinfo: freqmod: no module by that name found
>
> I see /lib/modules/2.6.12.6-rtai/extra/freqmod.ko ... so I suppose its
> some kind of config issue.

About the only time I've seen this kind of problem is after installing a
kernel module and forgetting to run depmod.. From a console, try running

  sudo /sbin/depmod -ae

After that, `/sbin/modinfo freqmod` should print out some useful stats about
freqmod.

Regards, Paul.

N.B. depmod should run automatically on each boot...