[Bdi4emc-help] Problems of compiling EMC on BDI 4.38

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Fri Mar 17 14:00:42 CET 2006

Hi Meng

On Friday 17 March 2006 02:35, ?? wrote:
> I've read those instructions, but I think they are instructions about
> compiling EMC2; Do you mean that I can use the same method to compile
> EMC 1.0-39 on BDI 4.38? I will try that tomorrow...

Compiling the emc-1.0 sources is not quite the same as emc2, some of the
configure options differ, as does the way install is done. There is also a
difference in required package dependencies which is not made clear on that
wiki page.

 Make sure you have the http://bdi4emc.ourproject/debian/ repository listed in
your /etc/apt/sources.list, run an update followed by "apt-get build-dep
emc". This should ensure all the required development packages are
installed.. Then an "apt-get source emc" to download the current tarball.
I've uploaded a new source package that should hopefully resolve the errors
you were getting.. If you want to continue with the existing source tree, do:

  make KDIR=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.12.6-rtai

Alternatively, you can edit the emc-1.0/src/Makefile and change line 138 to:

KDIR = /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.12.6-rtai

Regards, Paul.