[Bdi4emc-help] 4.49 probable pinout problem

Pierpaolo Garofalo pier_carla at yahoo.it
Thu Jun 22 17:29:53 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,
I recently installed BDI 4.49 on my garage PC
as I decided to migrate to Linux for good.
So far I have used a DOS program I wrote to drive may
cnc router and seldom TurboCNC with no problem.
After installing BDI I edited the emc.ini file to sort
the pinout configuration out. In order to check the
proper setting I switched to jog mode to see if the
stepper responded the right way. I manage (clicking
the "+" and "-" buttons located aside the "home"
button) to start and stop each stepper but I am not
able to reverse their motion, i.e. the steppers turn
only one way. I tried out to alter the direction pin
numbers in the ini file with no success. I verified
that, by means of the i/o exercise script, pulling up
and down each single out pin, the steppers respond
correctly: cw, ccw, enable rotation.

I don't know how to get this fixed. Could anyone give
me some hints?

Thanks a lot,
Pier