[Bdi4emc-help] Trajectory planner accel limits

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 19 06:37:38 CET 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 20:38, mt0000 at sympatico.ca wrote:
>>From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
>>I don't know if this is a 'datapoint' or not, but I looked at that
>> with the halscope in emc2 testing, then looked at the code.  The
>> code overshoots the starting positions starting radius of the circle
>> by 1.5 units, I assume as a chip clearing move possibly.
>
>Thanks, Gene.  I didn't even notice the intentional overshoot.
>
>>Looking at its traces with emc2 testing code, neither the initial
>> move nor the reverseing at that point seemed to violate the maxvels
>> set, the angle of the approach to the endpoint, there was a small
>> radius in the trace as it turned around, then rose at exactly the
>> mirror angle to the real starting point before the y motion was
>> started.
>
>That's definitely not the case for me.  Paul seems to have got it --
> I'll try his suggestion and write back.
>
>>One thing thats not too clear to me is how I should translate the
>>halscopes traces into something that would correspond to motion in
>>seconds type of data.  The seconds is easy enough, but how does the
>>displayed voltage trace translate in motion at the cutter?
>
>I use tkemc/Settings.../Logging..., which can capture a variety of
> things in real units and gnuplot them.

I can't get it to actually open the logfile here, spits out a box with
the error, then opens the selector screen.  Or do I need to touch the
file first?

We did get the M101 function working here tonight, so now I can see the
values of the #vars I'm using, which will help a lot when writing code
by hand for onesies and twosies projects.