[Bdi4emc-help] Trajectory planner accel limits

mt0000 at sympatico.ca mt0000 at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 18 21:12:27 CET 2006

In my .ini, I have all of the acceleration parameters set to the same value,
but these limits seem to be selectively violated by the trajectory planner.

Using the bbxy.ngc file that ships with BDI, I plot the commanded X-axis
velocity as the program finishes its initial X-axis move and turns 90
degrees to start the circle.

At this corner the X-axis overshoot is first reversed by accelerating at
about *twice* my set limits.  Then, it decelerates at the set limit to stop
on the commanded position.

Does anyone know under what conditions the trajectory planner will violate
the accel limits in the .ini file, and by exactly how much?  If you could
point me to the place in the code where this decision is made, that would be
helpful.

Thanks,

Matt