[Bdi4emc-help] xfce and axis

jepler at unpythonic.net jepler at unpythonic.net
Thu Feb 16 14:42:51 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:12:25PM -0500, Matt Timmermans wrote:
> Is there a known problem running axis under xfce?  It starts up and eats
> cpu, but there's no window.  My screen resolution ix 800x600, if that could
> possibly make a difference.

I haven't used xfce, but AXIS should work just fine on 800x600 screens.

If you start emc from a terminal, then hit control-c after AXIS has
started, do you get a Python traceback?  If so, what does it say?  It
might look something like this, and I want to see all the lines from
'Traceback' to 'KeyboardInterrupt':
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/axis", line 2068, in ?
        o.mainloop()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 965, in mainloop
        self.tk.mainloop(n)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1340, in __call__
        def __call__(self, *args):
    KeyboardInterrupt
(this is a traceback from a version of AXIS that was running normally at the
time I hit control-c)

On my own system (Ubuntu 5.10, emc2 CVS HEAD, AXIS 1.2a2, 1920x1200
screen), AXIS seems to work normally if I choose the 'xfce' session when
I log in.  However, this system is very differeent from a bdi system, so
it may not be a very useful data point.  Unfortunately, my only bdi
system doesn't have an attached monitor, so it's difficult for me to
test your configuration myself.

Jeff