[Bdi4emc-help] Quickstep driver

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 13 13:33:57 CET 2006

Hi Matt

On Monday 13 February 2006 04:47, Matt Timmermans wrote:
> Uncertainty remains about just how fast you can go, however, because
> quickstep's critical work isn't quite evenly distributed across PERIODs.  I
> don't think it's too far off

Quickly threw an emc-modules package together containing your driver and
another tweak to the trajectory planner - This is already up on
http://bdi4emc.ourproject.org/debian and should hit the other mirrors sometime
in the early hours.. Initial tests with the default module parameters are
impressive. Overall performance of the test box shows a marked improvement
over running freqmod, and the speeds appear to be much higher.
 I need to make time to hook up a mill and get the scope on the parallel port
in order to gather some real world data...

Let the testing begin.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and