[Bdi4emc-help] parallel port init makes a step

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 13 03:37:05 CET 2006

Hi Matt

On Monday 13 February 2006 01:53, Matt Timmermans wrote:
> OK, that sounds good.  Hmmm...  So (I'm sure I'd know this if I wasn't
> newish to Linux) if I go into the modules directory and DELETE the lp,
> parport_pc, and parport kernel modules, will it fix the problem forever, or
> will it break my boot sequence?

Don't go deleting the modules from the system - It would break a couple of the
init scripts run at boot time. Check /etc/modules and comment out lp & co if
they are listed, and run "update-rc.d -f cupsys remove" - This last command
removes the cupsys init script from the list of services started at boot
time. Without booting up a BDI-4 box, I'm not sure if there is anything else
that might load the parport modules. I'll check on that tomorrow for you.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and