[Bdi4emc-help] parallel port init makes a step

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 13 02:42:48 CET 2006

Hi Matt

On Monday 13 February 2006 01:32, Matt Timmermans wrote:
> When I shutdown EMC, and then start it up again, the process of releasing
> and re-acquiring the parallel port seems to generate a signal that get
> interpreted as a step.
>
> Is there a way to keep Linux from messing with the parallel port when EMC
> releases it?

The quick way is to unload the lp, parport_pc, and parport kernel modules. In
an ideal world, the EMC driver should be registering it's use of the parallel
port before the printer driver can claim it. However, to get over the fact
that EMC is hardly ever loaded at boot time, the original authors skipped the
registration process.

Regards, Paul.

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and