[Bdi4emc-help] excepton during install

Paul bdi-emc at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 13 00:07:35 CET 2006

Hi Tom

On Sunday 12 February 2006 19:33, Thomas J Powderly wrote:
> OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

>  system was
>  AMD-K6-2 166, 96meg ram , 20G hd space

You did well to get the install to run with just 96Meg - The minimum
recommended memory is usually 128M for the BDI-4 series. I should warn you
though, a 166MHz processor is going to be painfully slow with KDE, and even
with one of the lightweight window managers, EMC's performance is going to be
disappointing..

--
From the Klingon book of C:
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and