[Bdi4emc-help] RE: X-Axis display problems

Craig Gadd elnerdo at cox.net
Sat Dec 2 18:03:21 CET 2006

Hi Paul,

*On Friday 01 December 2006 15:56, Craig Gadd wrote:
*> Package rtai-headers is a virtual package provided by:
*>   rtai-dev-2.6.16.18-rtai 3.3-4+2
*>   rtai-dev-2.6.16.20-rtai 3.3-5+1
*>   rtai-dev-2.6.16-rtai 1
*>   rtai-dev-2.6.12.6-rtai 2
*> You should explicitly select one to install.
*>
*> I know I need to include some additional information in get-build
*command,
*> but am not sure how to include it, can you help me out?
*
*You need to install the rtai-dev package that corresponds to the kernel
*running on your machine - `uname -r` will provide the necessary version
*number, or you can use:
*
*  apt-get install rtai-dev-`uname -r`
*
*This will also pull in the correct kernel-headers and compiler versions for
*you..
*

To recap, I managed to install the development tools, download the source
code and add a -DSIMULATED_MOTORS to the RTFLAGS line in src/Makefile.inc.
So last night, I did the following from /src as root:

./configure
Make
Sudo make modules_install

(hopefully this is what you meant when you said to run make
modules_install)!

Everything recompiled at this point and it appeared to complete
successfully.  When I launched generic.run however, I still had the same
problem with the x-axis display freezing when I manually spun the motor
shaft.

So as an experiment, I increased the max acceleration and velocity values in
the generic.ini file to 100000 and that seems to have solved the problem.  I
felt like an idiot for not trying that before recompiling everything but at
least I now know how.  Thanks again for the help Paul.

Craig