[Bdi4emc-help] RE: Bdi4emc-help Digest, Vol 5, Issue 4

Craigg Gadd elnerdo at cox.net
Sun Apr 16 01:03:13 CEST 2006

*Message: 4
*Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:16:43 +0100
*From: Paul <bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com>
*Subject: Re: [Bdi4emc-help] RE: Bdi4emc-help Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2
*To: "Help and advice for BDI-4 users."
*	<bdi4emc-help at lists.ourproject.org>
*
*Hi Gene
*
*On Wednesday 05 April 2006 04:41, Gene Heskett wrote:
*> When I goto circuit city around
*> here, its the AGP cards that are only stocked in onesies.  Almost
*> everything is pci, and I'm talking about the $300 gamer cards none of
*> use can even waste time drooling over.
*
*Be very carefull when looking at video cards, there is a new kid on the
*block
*to replace AGP - It is called PCI Express (PCIe for short). With a
*projected
*bandwidth of 8GB/s, it is much, much faster than AGP and makes the old PCI
*bus look like a snail in comparison. Of course, it goes without saying that
*PCIe is totally incompatable with PCI slots just as AGP is with ISA.
*
*
*Regards, Paul.

Well, I was hoping to install a video card but unfortunately my computer
chassis only had one slot in the back which the Vital card is occupying.
Since taking that out wasn't and option, I went ahead and installed a second
processor since the board supports it.  This seemed to do the trick and the
PERIOD is now set to .00002 and I'm running without problems.

Thanks guys!

Craig