[Bdi4emc-help] RE: Bdi4emc-help Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Tue Apr 4 17:22:28 CEST 2006

Hi Gene & Craig

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 15:49, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> The motherboard is an Intel N440BX, it does have
> > an onboard video card which I think is a Cirrus 4680?  The processor
> > is 600Mhz P3 and I have 256Mb of ram
>
> Disable that onboard video, it eats too much bandwidth making use of
> main memory and emc won't like that at all.

I'm going stick my neck out here and suggest that the video chip is in fact a
GD5480 - If this is the case, then there is probably a 2MB RAM dedicated to
video, so no main memory will not be used. The Intel 440BX does not support
such a "feature" natively anyway.

Whilst a new graphics card would apen up the possibility of higher resolutions
and colour depths, this particular motherboard may lack an AGP slot, and PCI
video cards are getting difficult to find.

Regards, Paul.