[Bdi4emc-help] RE: Bdi4emc-help Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

Craigg Gadd elnerdo at cox.net
Tue Apr 4 06:20:45 CEST 2006

Paul,

Thanks for the help.  The motherboard is an Intel N440BX, it does have an
onboard video card which I think is a Cirrus 4680?  The processor is 600Mhz
P3 and I have 256Mb of ram

I increased the period to .00005 and was able to run the default generic.ini
file, so I was quite pleased with the progress.  When I set the period back
to .000022 I froze again so that appears to be the problem.

One thing I thought was interesting is that I had installed a vital systems
servo card (the 4-Axis version) and using the vital.ini, I was able to run
with the period set to .000022 without any problems.  I guess this has
something to do with the way the card is managing certain processes that
would normally be handled by the motherboard?

Anyway,I'm off to hook up some motors to see if I can make something move.
I'll report back.

Thanks Again,

Craig

Message: 2