[Bah-smv-rivas] [Bah-smv-general] [OT] Monsanto vs. Mother Earth

nicola nicola nicolatwit en gmail.com
Mar Abr 9 19:23:05 CEST 2013

hola!
el domingo, despues de la huerta pasé por la escuela popular de la prospe
donde echaban el documental "el mundo segun monsanto"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdIkq6ecQGw

dramatico!
pero estar en el BAH me ha dado mas esperanza que al resto de los
asistentes que me parecieron bastante afectados.

y hoy me llega esto de Avaaz sobre Monsanto!
así que ya estais firmandolo tod en s!
muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeremy Waiser - Avaaz.org <avaaz en avaaz.org>
Date: 2013/4/9
Subject: Monsanto vs. Mother Earth
To: "nicolatwit en gmail.com" <nicolatwit en gmail.com>

**
Dear Avaazers,

  <http://www.avaaz.org/en/monsanto_vs_mother_earth_tes/?bJlrCdb&v=23892>

*It’s unbelievable, but Monsanto and Co. are at it again.* These greedy
biotech companies have found a way to exclusively *‘own’ something that
freely belongs to us all -- our food!* But if we can pressure key European
countries to slam the patent door shut on their greedy plans, we can stop
this corporate food attack. *Help build the biggest food defense call ever
by clicking here:*

[image: Sign the
petition]<http://www.avaaz.org/en/monsanto_vs_mother_earth_tes/?bJlrCdb&v=23892>
*It’s unbelievable, but Monsanto and Co. are at it again.* These greedy
biotech companies have found a way to exclusively ‘own’ something that
freely belongs to us all -- our food! *They’re trying to patent away our
everyday vegetables and fruits like cucumber, broccoli and melons*, forcing
growers to pay them and risk being sued if they don’t.

But we can stop them from buying up Mother Earth. *Companies like Monsanto
have found loopholes in the EU law to get away with this, so we just need
to close them shut.* And to do that, we need key countries like Germany,
France and the Netherlands -- where opposition is already growing -- to
call for a vote to stop Monsanto’s greedy plans. The Avaaz community has
shifted governments before, and we can do it again.

*Many farmers and politicians are already against this -- we just need to
bring in people power* to pressure these countries to keep Monsanto’s hands
off our food. When we reach 1 million, Avaaz will push politicians to call
for this vote, and deliver our message in a giant media stunt. *Sign now
and help build the biggest food defense call ever:*

http://www.avaaz.org/en/monsanto_vs_mother_earth_tes/?bJlrCdb&v=23892

*These patents change everything about how our food chain works:* for
thousands of years, farmers could choose which seeds they’d use without
worrying about getting sued for violating intellectual property rights. But
now, companies launch expensive legal campaigns to buy patents on
conventional plants and force farmers to pay exorbitant royalty fees. *Monsanto
and Co. claim that patents drive innovation -- but in fact they create a
corporate monopoly of our food.*

But luckily, the European Patent Office is controlled by *38 member states
who, with one vote, can end dangerous patents on food that is bred using
conventional methods. *Even the European Parliament has issued a statement
objecting to these kinds of destructive patents. Only a massive wave of
public outcry could push them to ban the patenting of our everyday food for
good.

The situation is dire already -- *Monsanto alone owns 36% of all tomato,
32% of sweet pepper and 49% of cauliflower *varieties registered in the EU.
With a simple regulatory change, we could protect our food, our farmers and
our planet from corporate control -- *and it's up to us to make it happen:*

http://www.avaaz.org/en/monsanto_vs_mother_earth_tes/?bJlrCdb&v=23892

The Avaaz community has never been afraid to stand up to corporate capture
of our institutions, from beating the Rupert Murdoch mafia, to ensuring
that telecoms keep their hands off our Internet, to pushing to put bankers
behind bars. Now it’s time to defend our food supply from this corporate
takeover.

With hope and determination,

Jeremy, Michelle, Oli, Dalia, Pascal, Ricken, Diego and the whole Avaaz team

SOURCES:

Conventionally-bred plants or animals should be exempt from patents, say
MEPs (EU Parliament)
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/pressroom/content/20120509IPR44733/html/Conventionally-bred-plants-or-animals-should-be-exempt-from-patents-say-MEPs

President of the European Patent Office gives green light for patents on
plants and animals (No Patents on Seeds)
http://www.no-patents-on-seeds.org/en/information/background/green-light-for-patents-on-plants-and-animals

Monsanto: All Your Seeds Belong to Us (Mother Jones)
http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2013/02/scotus-hears-monsanto-soybean-case

Plant Patentability Questions Deepen In EPO Tomato Patent Case (IP Watch)
http://www.ip-watch.org/2012/06/13/plant-patentability-questions-deepen-in-epo-tomato-patent-case/

Tomato patent back before EPO’s Enlarged Board of Appeal (Europolitics)
http://europolitics.eis-vt-prod-web01.cyberadm.net/business-competitiveness/tomato-patent-back-before-epo-s-enlarged-board-of-appeal-art336003-7.html

 *Support the Avaaz Community!*   We're entirely funded by donations and
receive no money from governments or corporations. Our dedicated team
ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way.   [image: Donate to
Avaaz]<https://secure.avaaz.org/en/donate_to_avaaz_gc/?cl=2695315338&v=23892>

------------------------------
 *
Avaaz.org is a 20-million-person global campaign network* that works to
ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global
decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz
members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18
countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of
Avaaz's biggest campaigns here<http://www.avaaz.org/en/highlights.php/?footer>,
or follow us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/Avaaz> or
Twitter<http://twitter.com/Avaaz>
.

You are getting this message because you signed "EU: Feed kids, not cars --
24 hours left! <http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_feed_kids_not_cars_b>" on
2012-10-16 using the email address nicolatwit en gmail.com.
To ensure that Avaaz messages reach your inbox, please add
avaaz en avaaz.orgto your address book. To change your email address,
language settings, or
other personal information, contact
us<http://www.avaaz.org/en/contact/?footer>,
or simply *go here to
unsubscribe<https://secure.avaaz.org/act/?r=unsub&cl=2695315338&[email protected]&b=2212&v=23892&lang=en>
*.

To contact Avaaz, please *do not reply to this email.* Instead, write to us
at www.avaaz.org/en/contact <http://www.avaaz.org/en/contact?footer> or
call us at +1-888-922-8229 (US).
Recuerda que todos los mensajes que se envían a esta lista quedan archivados en la web https://lists.ourproject.org/pipermail/bah-smv-general y que serán de acceso público (salvo decisión diferente de la Asamblea).
Lista de correo: Bah-smv-general
Puedes enviar mensajes a Bah-smv-general en lists.ourproject.org
Puedes autogestionar tu suscripción en https://lists.ourproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/bah-smv-general