[Bah-lkria-ambite] [Bah-alcarria] re now encamped, nearly abrea

Rylands maremma en dcsociety.org
Mie Sep 2 05:29:36 CEST 2009

Urned Hetty simply, though the conscious blood was stealing to her
cheeks in spite of a spirit so pure that it scarce knew why it prompted
the blush, "the Bible tells us to 'love them who despitefully use' us,
and why shouldn't we like them that do not." "Ah! Hetty, the love of the
missionaries isn't the sort of likin' I mean. Answer me one thing,
child; do you believe yourself to have mind enough to become a wife, and
a mother?" "That's not a proper question to ask a young woman,
Deerslayer, and I'll not answer it," returned the girl, in a reproving
manner--much as a parent rebukes a child for an act of indiscretion. "If
you have any thing to say about Hurry, I'll hear that--but you must not
speak evil of him; he is absent, and 'tis unkind to talk evil of the
absent." "Your mother has given you so many good lessons, Hetty, that my
fears for you are not as great as they were. Nevertheless, a young woman
without parents, in you