[Bah-lkria-ambite] [Bah-alcarria] Crap of coarse bread, saying, "There's for you;

Saelens merciless en janssenvs.nl
Lun Dic 7 12:25:53 CET 2009

 was one of my principal pleasures to sit on that rug with my feet on
the fender, warming my nose. I sometimes toasted myself all over, till
my coat was so hot that Lily squeaked when she touched me. She would
have barked, I suppose, if she had known how. Now Craven stood in my
place, with one of his hind paws on my fender. He looked scornfully at
me, and I returned his glance with one of equal contempt, though I
longed to snap at his shining heel, and teach him sense and manners. But
Lily, who never was angry with any body, did not perceive how much we
disliked each other, and exclaimed in her innocent way, "Craven, here is
Captain come to make friends with you, and to beg pardon for deserting
you yesterday. Shake a paw, Captain." Shaking a paw with Craven was a
thing I would not do; and my master, a good sportsman himself, entered
into my feelings. "The dog was thoroughly provoked by your bad shooting,
Craven," said he, "and you will never make either him or me believe it
was his fault. But try again. There is no necessity for you to be a
sportsman; but if you choose to do a thing at all, you had better do it
properly; and you may learn as well as any body else, if you will not
fancy yourself perfect. We will all go out together to-day." And so we
all went out together on that fatal day. I did myself credit, and my
master did me justice, and I was happy in my ignorance of coming events.
Craven shot and missed, and shot and missed again; but my master's laugh
stopped him whenever he was beginning to lay the blame on dog or gun.
"Bad workmen always find fault with their tools, Craven," said my
master. "Take better aim." John tried to te