[BAH-Estrecho] {Spam?} o pers

Joly Commes valence en opvoeren.nl
Lun Ene 11 18:24:32 CET 2010

R affection and for fidelity, tho he expect to himself no other rewards.
Nature joins and cements friends together with inseparable love. But
with these worldly goods, and with this present wealth, men make oftener
enemies than friends. By these and by many such things it may be evident
to all men that all the bodily goods are inferior to the faculties of
the soul. We indeed think that a man is the stronger because he is great
in his body. The fairness, moreover, and the vigor of the body, rejoices
and delights the man, and health makes him cheerful. In all these bodily
felicities, men seek simple happiness, as it seems to them. For
whatsoever every man chiefly loves above all other things, that he
persuades himself is best for him, and that is his highest good. When,
therefore, he has acquired that, he imagines that he may be very happy.
I do not deny that these goods and this happiness are the highest good
of this present life. For every man considers that thing best which he
chiefly loves above other things; and therefore he persuades himself
that he is very happy if he can obtain what he then most desires. Is not
now clearly enough shown to thee the form of the false goods, that is,
then, possessions, dignity, and power, an
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: communalists.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 13696 bytes