[AfH-Chapters] Recording and Minutes from Today

Tobias Polzin tobias.polzin at actionforhappiness.de
Tue Feb 11 14:02:21 CET 2020

Dear all,

thanks that you took time for our discussion. As Gaby said "it was a
great WE-feeling and lot of energy for our team."

Attached you will find minutes that Gabi and Alex have noted (thanks!)
and the zoom recording link.
https://zoom.us/rec/play/usctfrqt-mk3SICXsASDAvEoW9XpL6Os2nVI-_ILzkrnBnQHOlahN7YQNuavsE5dlcWhxNalf8bmN92k?continueMode=true

Reminder: You can reach us all by using
"AfH-Chapters at lists.ourproject.org" to send a mail to us and
additionally to Mauriza from Italy, Zoe from Australia and AfH in Brasil.
info at afh.org is also part of the list, but not Mark und Alex directly.

@Tegan, would you like to share some links regarding your HAPPTIVIST
T-Shirts?

For me the most important take aways:
 * Focus of current work: Face to Face contacts in local communities,
using breadth and depths activities
 * 85000 people use the app (Tobias: although it has so limited
functionality)
 * 90% of the leaders lead only once (although they liked it). Although
it is fully appropriate if leaders inspire participants to become
leaders, I still find this astonishing and worth investigating.

Not new for me, but good to remember:
 * Support for national chapters is a long term aim for AfH, but as AfH
is in the "we are making it up, while we go" mode, at current it is
probably not the right timing and incoporating non-uk processes adds a
lot of work (Thanks Mark, for making the comprehensible again)
 * Although it's not clear, how translation-friendly the new course
concept will be, it's definitely welcome by all of us that AfH tries new
concepts, and it's welcome by AfH international to continue to use the
translated versions of the old course.

Best wishes
  Tobias