[AfH-Chapters] Update from Germany

Action for Happiness info at actionforhappiness.org
Wed Jul 17 15:42:37 CEST 2019

Hi Tobias and team - thanks so much for sharing this very helpful update
from your brilliant work in Germany - that's extremely useful to see and
very inspiring to hear about all your progress, despite the on-going
challenges of a small team of busy volunteers keeping this all going
alongside other day jobs!

We're always delighted to hear all the great progress being made by the
different national chapters. I greatly enjoyed connecting with the AfH
Australia team at one of their recent Board meetings and it's wonderful to
know about their Happtivist march happening this week in Melbourne (and
Vanessa King is also currently there as she's talking about AfH at the IPPA
conference). I've also had great recent calls with Maurizia in Italy and
Gabi in Czech Rep and it's really encouraging to hear about all their
on-going progress too.

Also, I just wanted to share one theme with you all that has been on my
mind recently... although it's great to see the on-going rise of the
"wellness movement" around the world (from yoga & pilates to kale, detoxing
and mindful workplaces etc), the thing that really makes our work with AfH
distinctive (and urgently needed!) is the move "from me to we" - with our
focus on creating a happier world (as well as a happier self) and focusing
outwards as well as inwards. We're really linking personal wellness to
wider social progress - and that's what the world needs right now! On that
note I enjoyed reading this article on mindfulness and social change - and
thought you might like it too...

*Moving mindfulness from 'me' to 'we'*
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/transformation/civic-mindfulness/

Huge thanks again to you all for everything you're doing - and particularly
again to Tobias and the team for this very helpful and encouraging update :)

Mark

---
The Action for Happiness team
www.actionforhappiness.org