[Solar-general] la quinta libertad (y las cuatro libertades)

Diego Saravia dsa en unsa.edu.ar
Jue Mar 8 12:19:21 CET 2007

luego de leer

http://www.fsfla.org/?q=es/node/137

e investigando un poco, llegue al origen del termino "las cuatro
libertades", sospecho que de alli se inspiro rms, habria que
preguntarle, quizas para losnorteamericanos este discurso sea mas
conocido

http://www.diariosigloxxi.com/noticia.php?id=19999

otra acepcion:
http://www.eclac.cl/transporte/noticias/bolfall/4/4994/bol137.htm

algunos datos:

de rms http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman#_note-36
He has also commented: "I admire Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston
Churchill, even though I criticize some of the things that they
did."[45]

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2002/02/28/williams.html?page=last
Stewart: How successful do you think the Free Software Foundation has
been at achieving its goals?

Williams: That depends on what you think the goals are. The original
goal was to support the GNU project and to develop a GNU operating
system. They obviously fulfilled that goal. They didn't do it in the
timely manner that a lot of people expected, but they were really one
of the few groups of people actually making this kind of effort. They
were definitely one of the few groups that saw it as a political
cause.

About the time that Linux came on the scene, and kind of filled the
gap that they hadn't been able to fill with the Hurd kernel, it seems
like their goal morphed a little bit into "free software everywhere."
I think in terms of that goal they've done a fairly good job. Probably
the biggest thing is that they are the steward of the GPL, which I
describe at one point in the book as the big stick in the software
industry, you know, like the old Teddy Roosevelt quote: "Speak softly
and carry a big stick."
--

Williams: I would say not very much. He's a definite liberal, and you
can see when he's fighting over this schism between the free software

One of the things that interested me, and this goes back to his
personality, is that he's not really a coalition builder. There's so
much opportunity to link the free software movement to other similar
movements, like the environmental movement ... I mean it's all
generally the same thing. Capitalism, expansion, growth, corporate
culture -- those are all good things, they all help, they're all
better than the alternatives -- but at the same time there's notions
of responsibility, ethics, and stuff that he has gone a long way in
terms of voicing in the software community, but I find it very
surprising that he hasn't really expanded beyond that.

At one point he said free software was his "small puddle of freedom,"
and he really can't move out of it, or he doesn't really have the
confidence to move out of it, and I think that that has definitely
hampered his visibility in some ways.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2002/02/28/williams.html?page=last

--
Diego Saravia