[Solar-general] commentary UNESCO, Microsoft, convention

Beatriz Busaniche busaniche en velocom.com.ar
Vie Nov 19 01:07:29 CET 2004

reportes de gente amiga sobre la conferencia de prensa de Unesco y Bill
Gates.

Francis es un francés muy comprometido con el SL y con las políticas de
acceso abierto a información científica.

prometió escanear el texto del acuerdo MS/Unesco (lo tiene en papel).
cuando lo circule sería bueno pegarle una mirada, aunque seguramente
será un documento similar al que se firmó acá y al que firma MS
normalmente.

saludos
Bea

-----Mensaje reenviado-----
From: Dr. Francis MUGUET <muguet en mdpi.org>
To: plenary en wsis-cs.org
Subject: Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] commentary UNESCO, Microsoft, convention
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:46:11 +0100

Dear Veni & all.

I went to the Microsoft conference at UNESCO, I got parts of the press
kit and
I have the text of the agreement.
French journalists questions, especially the first one to speak, whom I
know,
were very critical.

> the problem with Microsoft "working" with UNESCO and other
> UN-organizations, is that it just gives software, calculated at high
> prices, and thus pretending they are actually investing...

Yes, it is exactly that :  Bill told it was a one *billion* USD
"program", among which
 *700* millions USD were "donated" software ( actually, this is not
really true, in the agreement, it is mentionned
"deeply discounted licence" ) and *300* millions USD were networking,
computing hardware and training.

I will post more info on this Friday night
I sent by postal mail the agreement to Djilali that might scan it and
post it, if
UNESCO does not post the agreement on its website.

Best regards.

Francis