Re: [Solar-general] Filtran en Inte rnet parte del código fuente de Windows 2 000 y NT

Sebastian Bassi sbassi en asalup.org
Vie Feb 13 19:04:25 CET 2004

Diego Saravia wrote:
> No recomiendo a nadie VER este software si piensa producir software libre, y mucho menos reconocer
> que lo esta viendo o bajando.

Yo hago soft de bioinformatica y en Python, asi que no me va a
perjudicar ver un SO en C, porque nunca voy a trabajar en diseño de SO
ni de ningún componente de un SO, porque no soy programador ni me interesa.

Aca hay algo que postearon en Slashdot al respecto (un poco de humor!!)
:

Gandalf: No! Don't ever use it!

Frodo: How do we know it's source to the One OS of the Dark Lord?

Gandalf tosses a CD-R into the burner, and burns
Windows.Source.Code.w2k.nt4.wxp.tar onto it. When the CD is done, there
are glowing fiery letters on it.

Frodo : I can't read the fiery letters.

Gandalf : There are few who can. The language is that of Redmond, which
I will not utter here. In the common tongue, it says "One OS To Rule
Them All, One OS To Find Them, One OS To Bring Them All And With The NDA
Bind Them"

Frodo: Take the source code Gandalf!

Gandalf : Noo! Do not tempt me with it! I dare not take it! Not even to
keep it safe! You must understand Frodo, that I would be tempted to use
this source code, for good. To disclose hidden API's, help the WINE
project. But through me, all of open source would be tainted, and the
LawyerWraiths of The Dark Lord will sure destroy us.

Frodo : But it cannot stay here!

Gandalf : No, no it can't.

Frodo : What must I do?

Gandalf : It must be sent to the fires of /dev/null, where it will be
undone, and we will be kept safe from the Lawyers of Evil.

So remember folks, don't download it, or look at it, or attempt to build
it! It is evil, and answers only to the hand of The Dark One.