[Bdi4emc-help] CVS HEAD of AXIS is again compatible with bdi4

jepler at unpythonic.net jepler at unpythonic.net
Thu Feb 23 01:15:28 CET 2006

Paul,
Thank you for the report (http://ourproject.org/moin/Package_list) that
the CVS version of axis did not build against your version of emc.  This
is now fixed.

I have just checked in a change to the AXIS CVS, and verified that it
built against the source obtained by
    apt-get update; apt-get source emc
(apt reports emc version 1.0-39)  This patch is in the axis-latest
tarball, and will be in the -20060222 tarball when it is created in a
few hours.

The stable version of axis, 1.1.2, also builds cleanly against emc
1.0-39.  No changes to it were necessary.  Depending on the needs of
your users, you may prefer to package 1.1.x until 1.2 is stable.  (for
bdi4emc users there are no important differences between 1.1.1 and
1.1.2)

In the future, please feel free to contact me directly or on this
mailing list if you discover build problems or other bugs in AXIS.
Though the development of AXIS mostly takes place on emc2 now, I am
committed to keeping support for building on bdi4emc.

Jeff Epler
jepler at unpythonic.net
http://axis.unpythonic.net/