[Bdi4emc-help] Install trouble on a Toshiba laptop (330CDT)

Matt Timmermans matt at timmermans.org
Mon Feb 13 02:25:51 CET 2006

> This sounds really neat.  Can I have a copy of the source too?
>
> Does "quickstep" use special hardware, or does it really generate 60k
> updates/second on standard hardware?

Sure, I'll send you a copy.  Keep in mind that it's just finished, though...
something in EMC that I haven't used might break it.

Yes, it really generates over 60K updates/second on an unaugmented P266
laptop (PERIOD set to 15 us).  It's only consuming 1/3 of the CPU at that
rate, as measured by running bogomips in user space while it's active, so it
may be able to go quite a bit faster.

--
Matt