[Bdi4emc-help] Writing a stepper driver and have a couple questions

Matt Timmermans matt at timmermans.org
Wed Feb 8 15:12:05 CET 2006

Hi All,

I'm writing a new stepper driver on BDI 4.38, so I can run my x10
microstepping Gecko drives on the P266 laptop that I have allocated to the
purpose.

The effort has taught me what a pain it is to get a patched kernel and EMC
running from available source and information.  Now that I've figured out
that I don't have to patch the kernel or adeos, I can use BDI, and in thanks
for all the hard work that must have gone into it, I'm willing to release
the driver under GPL when it's done.

Are you guys still accepting code submissions for the BDI branch of EMC?  If
so, what's the best way to go about that?

Also a little technical question: freqmod has an empty function called
freqsig().  What's that for?

Thanks,

Matt