[Bdi4emc-help] Re: New BDI-4 packages uploaded

Kent A. Reed knbreed at erols.com
Tue Apr 11 18:32:42 CEST 2006

Paul wrote:
> In advance of the BDI-4.40 release (more on that in a sec), the new packages
> have been uploaded to the repository at http://bdi4emc.ourproject.org/debian/
> The short list includes:
>
>  <stuff deleted>
>
> The BDI-4.40 CD includes all the latest security updates from Debian plus
>
> <more stuff deleted>
>
> Despite several new packages being added, the latest CD is some 35Megs
> smaller. All going well, it should be up on the servers sometime tonight.

Thanks for all your hard work, Paul. I downloaded the BDI-4.40 iso-file
this morning.

Since I'm a chronic nit-picker, how about embedding the md5 checksums
somewhere on your webpages? That way I'll have increased confidence that
the file I downloaded is not only a valid copy of what's on the server
but also less likely to have been hacked by a third party?

Have you given any thought to using the torrent? I'd think it would
lessen the server loading when there is a new release. For example, now
that I've downloaded BDI-4.40, I could be seeding the torrent with it,
just as I am with the Fedora Core 5 image built in VMWare by thoughtpolice.

Regards,
Kent